November 3rd is National Sandwich Day and Subway is celebrating in a unique way.
Air travel can be stressful for many reasons and not everyone can fly first class. Most people test their luck in coach and pray they don’t get a middle seat.
But for one day, people who are sandwiched between two strangers on a flight could be rewarded.
No one wants the dreaded middle seat, so Subway can up with a campaign to make the day of people stuck in the “sandwich seat”. The Fast-food restaurant is offering 10,000 free footlong sandwiches to these unlucky people.
But there’s a catch.
You need a photo proving that you were in the middle seat on a flight on November 3 and upload it Subway’s National Sandwich Day “Sandwich Seat” Sweepstakes. Also, you must be a resident of the U.S. and 18 years of age or older.
The winners will receive an electronic gift card for $12 to purchase a tasty Subway sandwich.
All entries must be made by November 4 and the winners will be randomly drawn on the 5th and notified by email.
If you are traveling today, may the odds forever be in your favor.
For those not traveling, you can still celebrate National Sandwich Day at Subway locations with their buy one, get one free deal. Use promo code: FLBOGO when placing your order online.
5 Interesting Sandwich Facts
- The sandwich is named after the 4th Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu, who wanted a meal he could eat with one hand.
- Sandwiches first made their debut in American cookbooks in 1815.
- More than 300 million sandwiches are eaten every day by Americans.
- 7 out of 10 restaurants have sandwiches on their menu.
- The average American will eat 1,500 PB&J’s by the time they graduate high school.